See also Python Development Workflow.
- https://status.python.org/ Status of services maintained by the Python infra team
- PSF pays a full-time sysadmin to maintain the Python infra: XXX
- Managed services: http://infra.psf.io/overview/#details-of-various-services
- http://www.pythontest.net/ used by the test suite, see https://github.com/python/pythontestdotnet/
Services used by unit tests¶
- pythontestdotnet: source of pythontest.net (resources used for Python test suite).
- test_urllib2net: http://www.pythontest.net/index.html#frag, tcp/80 (HTTP)
- FTP: ftp://www.pythontest.net/README
- Copies of unicode text files like http://www.pythontest.net/unicode/EUC-CN.TXT
- test_hashlib test files like http://www.pythontest.net/hashlib/blake2b.txt
- test_httplib: self-signed.pythontest.net, tcp/443 (HTTPS)
- test_robotparser: http://www.pythontest.net/elsewhere/robots.txt
- test_socket: испытание.pythontest.net
# Testing connect timeout is tricky: we need to have IP connectivity # to a host that silently drops our packets. We can't simulate this # from Python because it's a function of the underlying TCP/IP stack. # So, the following Snakebite host has been defined: blackhole = resolve_address('blackhole.snakebite.net', 56666) # Blackhole has been configured to silently drop any incoming packets. # No RSTs (for TCP) or ICMP UNREACH (for UDP/ICMP) will be sent back # to hosts that attempt to connect to this address: which is exactly # what we need to confidently test connect timeout. # However, we want to prevent false positives. It's not unreasonable # to expect certain hosts may not be able to reach the blackhole, due # to firewalling or general network configuration. In order to improve # our confidence in testing the blackhole, a corresponding 'whitehole' # has also been set up using one port higher: whitehole = resolve_address('whitehole.snakebite.net', 56667)
- Used by test_nntplib
- NNTP (tcp/119) and and NNTP/SSL (tcp/563)
- Server administrator: email@example.com
- test_ssl uses it to test IPv6: HTTP (tcp/80) and HTTPS (tcp/443)
- test_ssl uses it to test x509 certificate signed by SHA256: HTTPS (tcp/443)
Package Index (PyPI)¶
- Main lists:
- Maintainer: “postmaster”.
IRC bots on Libera Chat #python-dev:
github: bot run by GitHub. Source code: github-services: lib/services/irc.rb. GitHub services are deprecated since April 2018.
py-bb: buildbot IRC bot, see buildmaster-config (buildbot configuration).
irker007: Roundup bot.